Natural Solutions for Upper Cervical Pain at Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers
Upper cervical spinal problems can wreak havoc, not only on your neck comfort and mobility, but also on many other aspects of your health and wellness. Treating this delicate area of the body calls for expert care. Fortunately, that's exactly what you get here at Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers, where we provide chiropractic adjustments and other measures to ease your upper cervical symptoms.
Problems Affecting the Upper Cervical Spine
Your cervical spine is the section of the spinal column that supports your neck. At the very top of the spine sit two bones known as the Atlas and the axis. These vertebrae balance the weight and alignment of your skull on your neck. Unfortunately, this part of the spine is just as vulnerable to imbalances, injuries, and degenerative conditions as any other. Problems that can affect the upper cervical spine include:
- Degenerative disc disease - Bulging discs can reduce the spaces between vertebrae and pinch cervical nerve roots.
- Injuries - Injuries such as whiplash can dislodge the cervical vertebrae and discs.
- Cervical spinal stenosis - This degenerative condition makes the bony canal around the spinal cord abnormally narrow, pinching nerve tissue.
- Arthritis - Strained or aging cervical joints can develop painful arthritis.
- Chronic alignment errors - Even a slight, uncorrected misalignment between your head and neck can lead to chronic pain.
Upper cervical pain need not be confined to your neck. Pinched cervical nerve tissue can create pain, numbness, tingling, and other discomfort in your arms or hands. An unbalanced head-neck alignment can cause not only neck strain, but also tension headaches and other kinds of soft tissue pain.
Chiropractic Adjustment to Relieve Upper Cervical Issues
If you believe that you could use a checkup, pay a visit to Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers. Your chiropractor will examine your cervical spinal alignment, check for degenerative diseases, and confirm any injuries that require treatment. We can then administer small, careful, precise upper cervical adjustments to normalize your alignment, relieving joint stress, muscle strain, and nerve impingement. Corrective exercises and massage therapy may be prescribed to strengthen and rehabilitate painful tissues.
Need an Upper Cervical Chiropractor in Westminster, Lakewood, or Aurora?
Are you looking for an upper cervical chiropractor in Westminster, Lakewood, or Aurora? Call any of our offices to schedule an appointment and get relief for your symptoms. We'll make the top of your spine our top priority!