Shoulder Pain Treatment with our Lakewood, Westminster & Aurora Chiropractor
We do more than treat spines! Our Lakewood, Westminster, and Aurora chiropractor team has extensive experience diagnosing, treating, and preventing a number of conditions affecting the entire body, including the shoulder joint.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain & Associated Symptoms
When the shoulder is injured, pain is often dull, achy, or even sharp with certain movements. The pain may present only during specific ranges of motion in what's known as a "painful arc," or it could hurt all the time and even wake you up in your sleep. Additional symptoms may include weakness, instability or clicking noises, decreased mobility, and swelling or tenderness.
So, what could be causing all these issues? Specific events such as a car crash, personal injury at work, or sports injury are common precipitating factors. Based on your symptoms, personal history, and clinical examination, our chiropractors will be able to provide you with a specific diagnosis and customize your treatment plan based around this information. Here are a few of the most common diagnoses we see regarding shoulder pain:
- Shoulder Dislocation: when the articulating surfaces within the glenohumeral joint "pop" out of place, this can cause significant pain and may lead to long-term weakness and instability
- Shoulder Bursitis: inflammation and irritation to the fluid-filled sacs surrounding your shoulder joint, which typically reduce friction near tendons
- Frozen Shoulder: a history of injury or surgery in or near the shoulder can cause a progressive and significant decrease in range of motion
- Rotator Cuff Injury: muscle strains and tears are common in the many small stabilizing muscles around your shoulder, especially due to sports or work-related tasks
- Tendonitis/Impingement Syndrome: damage and inflammation to tendons typically due to bone rubbing against them (repetitive movement or poor posture can cause this)
Shoulder pain can also be referred from the neck and upper back. Whiplash, for instance, a common syndrome following an auto accident, often presents with shoulder pain and stiffness.
How a Doctor of Chiropractic Can Help Resolve Shoulder Pain
A doctor of chiropractic can offer natural and non-invasive pain management for shoulder dysfunction, including
- Joint mobilizations, to improve normal alignment and promote tissue healing
- Corrective exercises, to heal and strengthen your rotator cuff
- Interferential electrical stimulation, to reduce pain
- Massage therapy, to reduce pain, swelling, and scarring
Schedule an Appointment with Metro Denver Accident & Injury Center
If you live in the Denver area and are looking for help resolving a nagging shoulder injury, contact our chiropractor team at the Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers. We have three convenient locations and a compassionate, caring staff ready to help you!To schedule your first appointment, call: (303) 457-4570 - Westminster location, (720) 328-9033 - Lakewood location, (303) 927-7027 for our Aurora location