Our Chiropractors at Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers in Westminster, CO Can Manage Your Sciatica Symptoms
Sciatica is a common cause of disability, and our chiropractors near Aurora CO believe that chiropractic care can be an excellent service for people looking to find relief from their sciatic nerve pain without having to rely on drugs or invasive procedures.
What is Sciatica?
You have a right and left sciatic nerve which exits the spinal cord in your lower back. Sciatica occurs when one of these nerve roots becomes compressed by something, such as a herniated or bulging disc, a misaligned/narrowed joint space (e.g., spondylolisthesis or stenosis), a bone spur, or a tumor. A more distal part of the sciatic nerve can also become compressed by an injured muscle deep in the hip in a similar condition called piriformis syndrome.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Although sciatica has its origins in the lower spine, the primary symptoms tend to involve the leg instead of the back. Such symptoms include:
- Burning, searing, shooting, stabbing, and radiating buttocks, groin, and leg pain that may extend all the way down toward the foot
- Numbness and tingling in the leg
- Pain that gets worse in sitting
- Decreased tolerance to standing and activities (including leisure and occupational tasks)
- Back pain, muscle tenderness and reflexive spasms, and back/hip stiffness
Causes of Sciatica
Some research suggests that your likelihood of experiencing sciatica may increase if you have certain positive risk factors, including:
- Advancing age
- Diabetes, obesity, or certain other health conditions
- Excessive sedentary behavior
- Positive smoking use
How a Chiropractor Can Help Manage & Treat Sciatic Nerve Pain
Come see a chiropractor at the first signs of sciatica, since earlier diagnosis and treatment may help minimize inflammation and accelerate your healing. We can offer a variety of drug-free services to help you find sciatic nerve pain relief and get some resolution to the underlying cause so hopefully, it won't keep returning. Our services include:
- Digital X-rays to help with accurate diagnosis
- Myovision to track progress by evaluating muscle activity
- Interferential therapy, which uses electrical impulses to trigger pain relief
- Massage therapy to relax muscle spasms and increase blood flow
- Gentle chiropractic adjustments and decompression to realign joints and reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve
Schedule a Chiropractic Care Appointment at Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers in Westminster, Lakewood, and Aurora CO
At Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers, we meet a lot of people who are dealing with the uncomfortable signs and symptoms associated with sciatica. Get "back" to your healthy self feeling better than ever with help from our experienced Westminster, Lakewood, and Aurora chiropractor team. Contact us now at 303-457-4570 to schedule your appointment!