Diagnose & Treat Herniated Discs with Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers in Westminster, Lakewood and Aurora, CO
At the Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers, our team meets people every week struggling with herniated disc symptoms. Common in men between the ages of 30 and 50, herniated discs can affect anyone and may occur in the neck, mid back, and/or low back.
What is a Herniated Disc
Vertebral discs are sandwiched between the bones in your spine and provide mobility, stability, and shock absorption. The inside of the disc is fluid-filled, and the outside of the disc has tough fibers. Sometimes, often due to repetitive stress, frequent bending/lifting/twisting, or acute trauma, the outer disc layer can tear and the inner fluid will leak out (herniate). This can lead to compression on nearby nerve roots.
A bulging disc is a bit different: it only protrudes out of place and doesn't rupture and leak. As for a "slipped disc," this is more of a misnomer and doesn't describe a specific disc injury.
Common Herniated Disc Symptoms
Some herniated discs have no symptoms, but some will lead to issues such as:
- Numbness, tingling, and weakness in an arm or leg
- Muscle guarding and spasms
- Back stiffness
How a Chiropractor Can Diagnose & Treat a Herniated Disc
Our diagnostic and therapeutic services are high quality and affordable, helping you streamline your care and getting you the most effective relief as soon as possible. To help you with a possible herniated disc, we may use X-rays and other tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Based on our diagnosis, we'll devise a plan of care to relieve your herniated disc symptoms and heal the injury. Such services may include:
- Spinal decompression, which helps retract the injured disc back into normal alignment and attract healing nutrients and fluids to the area
- Massage therapy, which soothes muscles which may be in protective spasms at the level of the disc herniation (massage can also stimulate increased circulation, further helping with healing and anti-inflammation)
- Rehabilitative exercises which can help get the disc back into optimal alignment and then improve core stability to prevent re-injury
We also use state-of-the-art technology including Impulse IQ and Myovision so we can assess how your body is responding to our adjustments and other techniques, then adjust our approach accordingly for maximal outcomes.
Connect with a Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers in Aurora, Westminster & Lakewood CO Today for Natural Relief
We have several Metro Denver Accident & Injury Center locations in Colorado where you can connect with an experienced chiropractor—Dr. Christopher Higgins or Dr. Ron Losiewicz— and find relief from your herniated disc pain. Contact us now to get started on your healing journey!